Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hooray for community!

Ok, enough with the wallowing and on with the biking!!!

Today I rode to school (yeh big deal) and I had my first random bike commuter interaction.  There I was, riding vigilantly, and ahead of me in the distance was a fellow commuter. When the next stoplight turned red I pulled up next to her and said, "Hello!!".  I was so thrilled.  We chatted for a couple of blocks (she rides 30 more blocks than me! intense), and I had a chance to tell her about the BiCi Coop; she seemed really interested.
Just a few months ago I rarely saw anyone biking, and now I see folks around all the time.  It's great to have this connection with people who you don't know just because we're all commuting by bike.  Our own little community.

And that's what it's all about.

Now on to the shallow stuff.  I got THE BEST skirts for biking the other day from Urban Outfitters.  WooHoo!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's nice to have automatic comrades, especially in the city.

    -Dottie

    ReplyDelete

something on your mind?