After a meeting I decided to run to the Jones Valley Urban Farm after work farm stand to get veggies for a stir fry. I was riding down First Avenue South and turned right onto 24th St. Right after the turn I see a BROOM STICK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. Before my body caught up with my brain I had run over the stick, my bike wobbled out of control, and I slammed into the ground. The fall was actually very similar to last time, so similar that the hole in my leg has been unceremoniously ripped open and my chin and shoulder have gotten scraped in exactly the same place. Alas, this time it looks a lot worse.
Things to celebrate in the face of adversity:
1. There was not a car right behind me. Otherwise, I would not be writing this right now.
2. Wes Frazer saw it happen and turned around to save me. My hero!
3. All the other dudes that were like "Do you need a paramedic?" "Someone needs to keep you off that bike", etc. etc.
4. Good photos
5. An even more killer scar on my leg
Things to hope for:
1. No fucked up teeth
2. Swelling to go down quickly
3. Lots of sympathy (I've already gotten some Jack from Dani! Thanks hun!)
(Post Shower, taken by Dani)